CoinPayments is a cryptocurrency payments service that was founded in 2013 and continues to serve until today. Welcome to our article in which we examine 4 different cryptocurrency payment services that can be included in the list of CoinPayments alternatives.
Top 5 CoinPayments alternatives
You can see our plugin called CryptoPay, which is our own crypto payment gateway for WooCommerce & WordPress, as well as 4 other cryptocurrency payment services below.
CryptoPay – DApp crypto payment gateway
First of all, we will talk about CryptoPay, the product we developed that brings a new breath to crypto payment processes. We continue to actively sell CryptoPay as a WooCommerce cryptocurrency payment gateway.
However, CryptoPay has a modular structure. In this way, it supports special integrations. This means we can integrate CryptoPay into CMSs or custom software other than WordPress.
What are the main features of CryptoPay?
- No 3rd party service
- No withdrawal limit, fee, date
- 1-2 business days and no weekend nonsense
- The money is in your account and in use on the same d
Comparison with CoinPayments alternatives.
- ✅ All payments reach you directly. So the whole system works as P2P (Peer to Peer).
- ✅ There are no additional transaction fees other than the transaction fee that the paying user pays to the Blockchain network.
- ✅ Since all transactions are P2P (Peer to Peer), payment confirmation times are minimal.
- ✅ Easily integrable to other plugins with the APIs in the plugin.
- ✅ For example, providing services with many extra plugins such as the Donation plugin.
- ❌ Payments are generally not P2P (Peer to Peer). They first take the payment into their own wallet and then transfer it to you.
- ❌ For taking the payment to them first and then transferring it to you.
- ❌ The paying user pays transaction fee for Blockchain.
- ❌ An additional transaction fee is charged to transfer the payment from their wallet to you, and this is deducted from your earnings.
- ❌ The commission amounts that the service generates its own income will be deducted from your earnings.
- ❌ Even the fastest networks have very high payment confirmation times, as multiple transfers are made to earn commissions.
- ❌ Generally you can only use it for WooCommerce. To integrate with other plugins, you need a serious programming knowledge.
It is the cryptocurrency payments service of Coinbase, one of the largest exchanges in the market. Coinbase Commerce is the official cryptocurrency payment gateway service of Coinbase. With this service, Coinbase users will be able to receive payments in a variety of digital currencies, including Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin. However, it does not support P2P payments. Payments are first transferred to Coinbase and you can request them from there.
Bitcoin is one of the rare cryptocurrency payment processors that supports lightning network payments. Although we developed our product called CryptoPay independently, p2p and 0 commission-free. CryptoPay lags behind OpenNode because it does not support the Lightning network. However, OpenNode only supports Bitcoin payments. If you want to receive payments via Blockchain network rather than Bitcoin. Then you can choose CryptoPay over OpenNode with peace of mind.
Another alternative that supports many different Blockchain networks and cryptocurrencies is NOWPayments. But P2P payments are indirect rather than direct. In other words, they first receive the payments to their own addresses and then transfer them to you. For this reason, NOWPayments’ transaction confirmation times are quite long. In CryptoPay, payments are confirmed within 5-30 seconds (varies depending on the network), depending on the density of the Blockchain network.
Another alternative that allows you to accept cryptocurrency payments by connecting to wallets with DApp logic is DePay. DePay and CryptoPay have a similar working logic. I think this may be because CryptoPay was released before DePay. Yes, when we launched CryptoPay, there was no other service that connected to the wallet and received payments via DApp logic. Still, DePay is doing a good job with its Web3 Payments slogan. However, if you want more Blockchain network support and commission-free p2p payments, you can choose CryptoPay.
Which is the best among the “CoinPayments alternatives”?
Here, DePay and CryptoPay share the top because they are both more innovative and work with a DApp logic. However, CryptoPay has more Blockchain network support. You can also receive payments from your own private tokens or accept payments via address transfer via QR code.
You can also take a look at the alternatives on G2. Don’t forget to comment if you use CryptoPay.