BitPay is one of the oldest Bitcoin wallets and companies offering Bitcoin payment services. However, today there are many different services alternative to BitPay. Here are 4 different cryptocurrency payments service providers that could make it into the BitPay Alternatives list.
Best BitPay alternatives
We start our list with CryptoPay, which advocates the most innovative zero-commission and p2p payments, which internally supports all EVM compatible networks and supports different Blockchain networks such as Bitcoin, Solana and Tron thanks to its extra support plug-ins.
CryptoPay – Cryptocurrency payment gateway
CryptoPay ranks first on this list because it is our own product and, unlike all other services, it works with DApp logic. However, when it comes to cryptocurrency payments for WooCommerce, CryptoPay comes to mind.
What are the main features of CryptoPay?
- No 3rd party service
- No withdrawal limit, fee, date
- 1-2 business days and no weekend nonsense
- The money is in your account and in use on the same d
Comparison with BitPay alternatives.
- ✅ All payments reach you directly. So the whole system works as P2P (Peer to Peer).
- ✅ There are no additional transaction fees other than the transaction fee that the paying user pays to the Blockchain network.
- ✅ Since all transactions are P2P (Peer to Peer), payment confirmation times are minimal.
- ✅ Easily integrable to other plugins with the APIs in the plugin.
- ✅ For example, providing services with many extra plugins such as the Donation plugin.
- ❌ Payments are generally not P2P (Peer to Peer). They first take the payment into their own wallet and then transfer it to you.
- ❌ For taking the payment to them first and then transferring it to you.
- ❌ The paying user pays transaction fee for Blockchain.
- ❌ An additional transaction fee is charged to transfer the payment from their wallet to you, and this is deducted from your earnings.
- ❌ The commission amounts that the service generates its own income will be deducted from your earnings.
- ❌ Even the fastest networks have very high payment confirmation times, as multiple transfers are made to earn commissions.
- ❌ Generally you can only use it for WooCommerce. To integrate with other plugins, you need a serious programming knowledge.
One of the must-haves in the list of BitPay Alternatives is CoinPayments because they are both companies established in very old times. CoinPayments has more Blockchain network and cryptocurrency support than BitPay, but you cannot accept payments with your own private Blockchain networks or tokens.
Coming to the differences between NOWPayments and BitPay, BitPay was founded in 2011 and NOWPayments was founded in 2019. NOWPayments supports more cryptocurrency payments than BitPay, but it does not have a wallet like BitPay. Additionally, P2P payments are made via bilateral transfers, so confirmation times are quite long.
BitPay already supports Bitcoin Lightning Network payments, so there are not big differences between it and OpenNode. One of the biggest differences is that OpenNode only supports Bitcoin payments, while BitPay supports more Blockchain and cryptocurrency payments.
It is one of the most innovative cryptocurrency payments providers on these lists. However, since it was published after CryptoPay, it has many similarities with CryptoPay. For example, both of them can receive payments by connecting to wallets with DApp logic, but unlike CryptoPay, DePay does not have payment confirmations via address transfer (QR Code).
You can also take a look at the alternatives on G2. Don’t forget to comment if you use CryptoPay.